Anna Marie Mielcarek arrived on Monday, October 4, 2010 at 5:27 p.m.! She weighed 5 pounds, 15 ounces and was 17.5 inches long.
L&D...
As many may know, we went downtown Sunday afternoon and saw a GREAT Browns win over the Bengals. It must have been after getting that first win of the season, Anna decided it was time to join the world. I started having contractions around 2 a.m. Monday morning. At 8 a.m., Jim and I decided to hit up the hospital to see if this was the real deal. I was only dilated 1 cm and after a few hours there, decided we'd rather be at home instead of hanging out in the hospital. Well, a few hours later and intensified contractions coming just a few few minutes apart, we headed back to the hospital around 2:30. At that point I was 4 cm dilated and "progressing rapidly". I politely requested (at least, that's how I thought it came out) the epidural. However, shortly after, the nurse announced I was suddenly 7 cm dilated and I heard something like "we might not have time for that epidural!" Just as I did finally get it, it was time to push and Anna was born about 20 minutes later! While the progression of events did not go exactly "as planned", we are happy that things went quickly and thrilled our beautiful daughter was born healthy! Meeting her grandmas, grandpas and great grandmas...
And Aunt Jenny too!
Me, my baby and my milkshake...I won't lie, I was just thrilled with both.
I think this is her "Really? Another picture?" face...
And finally, Jim and I packing her up to head home.
Do you think she can tell we don't know what we're doing?
Do you think she can tell we don't know what we're doing?
Home sweet home!
No comments:
Post a Comment