After forming a strong friendship at UD rooted in flipcup and porch parties, and then dating for four years after that, Jim and I tied the knot on May 9, 2009. The wedding was an event we'll never forget. We were honored to have Father Norbert Burns, who married my parents, marry us too 27 years later!
I think most people had a good time at the reception. I only wish I had a picture of Uncle Tom ripping his pants on the dance floor and my dad "negotiating" with hotel security about the volume of the Bruce Springsteen music blasting from their hotel room at 4 am later that night.
Following the wedding, we had a spectacular time on our honeymoon in Jamaica. (Whoever came up with the idea of jetting off to an exotic beach the day after hosting a 300-guest wedding is a complete genius.) The year that followed kept us busy with projects at our new house (endless!), hanging with Izzie (the 'acting' Queen of the house), sporting events (Browns, Cavs and Tribe), and enjoying settling into our new, married life in Broadview Heights. It's been very nice to be back home, close to family and friends! Though of course we miss good ole Dayton at times too :)



No comments:
Post a Comment